A Magic Eraser, squeegee and toilet brush are just a few essential cleaning tools that all households can benefit from, as these supplies can be used to tackle multiple projects in nearly any room, including a bathroom, living room or kitchen. Additionally, every household needs an all-purpose cleaner, disinfectant, bleach and dishwashing liquid. Specialty cleaners are also necessary for cleaning mirrors, glass surfaces and wood furniture.
Moreover, a spray bottle is another essential tool to have in your home cleaning kit, especially if you prefer to clean with white vinegar, baking soda, Borax, dish soap and other natural cleaning agents. Instead of recycling a bottle after finishing each cleaning product, simply rinse the bottle out and set it aside for future cleaning projects that require you to mix your own solution. To learn more about the different tools that can be used to clean any home, review the sections below.
How to Use the Magic Eraser
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers can be used to clean many different areas throughout your home, including parts of the bathroom and kitchen. In the kitchen, for instance, you can use this eraser to easily remove grime and spills from your refrigerator, microwave and countertops. In the bathroom, you can use the Eraser to remove hard water stains, grime and rust from bathroom tubs, showers and tile.
In other parts of your home, you can use a cleaning eraser to wipe down doors and light switch covers. Plus, the process of using an Eraser is as simple as dampening it, squeezing out excess water and using it to erase any noticeable imperfections from your home.
You can also use the Magic Eraser for walls, especially if you need to remove scuff marks, dirt and other imperfections. However, you will need Mr. Clean’s Extra Durable Magic Eraser in order to tackle scuff marks such as these.
Once you’re ready to remove scuff marks from your walls and other surfaces, simply complete the following steps:
- Remove a new Eraser from the package.
- Run the Eraser under water to dampen it.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Glide the Eraser along your walls to remove scuff marks, dirt and other imperfections.
The Many Uses of a Spray Bottle
Whether you make your own household cleaning products, or you prefer to use a combination of natural and chemical cleaners, you can use spray bottles to perform a variety of different tasks. From polishing wood furniture to removing stains from clothes, you can make your own natural cleaning agents that can easily be sprayed onto various surfaces throughout your home.
Here are several ways to use this multipurpose cleaning tool in your home:
- Make your own wood polish. Combine two cups of warm water, one teaspoon of distilled vinegar and one tablespoon of olive oil into a bottle. Then, spray the mixture onto the wooden surface before using a soft cloth to wipe it clean.
- Make your own stain remover. Combine two parts water, one part hydrogen peroxide and one part washing soda. Add the mixture to your spray bottle and spray the stain remover onto your clothing. Allow the stain remover to sit for at least five minutes before tossing the clothing into a washing machine.
- Make your own shower cleaner. Combine one three-fourths cup of baking soda, one half cup of white vinegar, one-fourth cup of lemon juice, three tablespoons of salt and three tablespoons of castile soap into a bottle. Shake the solution thoroughly before using it to clean your shower area.
Essential Household Cleaning Products
In addition to the Magic Eraser, there are many other cleaning solutions that you may use to clean your countertops, appliances, showers and other high-traffic areas in your home. These include:
- A scrub brush. An all-purpose brush designed for scrubbing is an essential cleaning tool that every household can benefit from, especially when you need to remove tough stains from bathtubs and tiles. A scrub brush long handle is best for cleaning toilets, while a disinfected toothbrush works well for getting deep into the nooks and crannies of sink rims and other hard-to-reach areas in your home.
- White vinegar. There are many notable uses for white vinegar, from cooking or baking to cleaning your refrigerator. You can even use white vinegar to make a natural drain cleaner, mattress disinfectant or fabric softener.
- Microfiber cloths. Microfiber cloths and white cotton towels are essential tools for cleaning your home, as these items can be used to clean everything from windows to kitchen counters. Plus, you can even use a dampened microfiber cloth to remove dust from various household objects.
- A squeegee. In addition to using this handy tool to clean mirrors and shower doors, you can use it to clean your windows. If you have pets, squeegees can also be used to remove hair from your carpets, rugs and furniture.
- A sponge. To keep germs from transferring from one room to another, you should use a different sponge for each room in your home. However, a variety of sponges are available to choose from, including spaghetti sponges, sponge cloths and long-lasting silicone sponges.
- A ceiling fan cleaner. The process of cleaning ceiling fans is made a whole lot easier if you own an extension pole, as you can easily attach a fan brush to the end of the pole. One popular cleaning product for completing such tasks includes the Ettore 48211 Ceiling Fan Brush, available for less than $16 on Amazon.
- A bucket. Whether you use an old plastic ice cream pail or a cleaning bucket, you’ll need this multipurpose cleaning tool for tackling various projects around your home.
Reusable Lint Rollers
Making a lint roller reusable is usually not possible, unless you purchase replacement tape for your existing roll cleaner. While reusing the same roller is a better alternative to throwing the entire lint roller away after the roll of tape runs out, other options are available.
Several popular reusable lint rollers include the following:
- The Flint Retractable Lint Roller
- The ChomChom Roller Pet Hair Remover
- Pet Shwag Fur Remover Gloves
- The Evercare Magik Brush